Consolidation and Marketing Spend Analysis
We hope that you will find the following case to be helpful. If, after reading, you would like to learn more about our experience, please contact Kerry Kielb at email@example.com.
Leading Global Consumer Products Company
- Consumer products marketer with multiple Global Business Units (GBUs) needed to optimize its marketing spend.
- Over-arching leadership was provided at the corporate and division levels, but each brand operated independently, missing opportunities to share resources (internal and external).
- With budgets below competitive averages, the division sought creative ways to remain active, agile and efficient in the marketplace while aligning with best-in-class marketing partners and programs.
- Conducted business and communications Needs Assessment of 5 GBU presidents and Marketing VP’s.
- Applied Purchasing Supply Chain Management discipline across all Brands and geographies.
- Assessed spend allocations and rigorous post mortem, weighing results against objectives. determining the real return on investment Counseled GBUs on ways to optimize their marketing partnerships.
- Conducted search, assessment and selection of ideal agency partners (per brand).
- Partnered in the creation of new global compensation and incentive models across GBUs.
- Offered solutions to implement strategic partnerships and ensure their vitality going forward.
- Promoted efficient agency management to eliminate redundancies and rework
- Reduced 180+ agencies to 4 primary “Holding Company” relationships across marketing disciplines and channels.
- Structured a global agency network for brands to tap into local markets outside of the U.S.
- Established new approaches to creative resource partnerships and marketing objectives.
- Eliminated wasteful marketing programs Earned buy-in from key executives positioning the brands for future budgetary growth.