Optimizing Healthcare Marketing Department
We hope that you will find the following case to be helpful. If, after reading, you would like to learn more about our experience, please contact Kerry Kielb at email@example.com.
Company Profile: Super Regional Healthcare System Situation:
Large Regional Healthcare System with national reach needed to improve the effectiveness and accountability of its marketing output.
Frequent leadership turnover (including vacant CMO position) and siloed departments led to an inefficient structure that was disconnected from greater business objectives.
Faced with impending reform, aggressive growth goals and fierce competition, they needed to assess and optimize their marketing department’s structure, staff and partnerships to achieve system-wide marketing excellence.
- Conducted in-depth interviews with key executives, board members and stakeholders to define core needs from the system’s marketing function.
- Conducted internal assessment of every member of the marketing organization to understand the dynamics of their role including their challenges, job satisfaction, goals for growth, workload and more.
- Researched industry and target audience trends, messaging and spending to understand outside influences on the marketing culture and inform changes to be made.
- Launched a 360° evaluation of external marketing partners.
- Assessed marketing plans and processes, brand health and go-to-market protocols and strategy.
- Imbedded a senior leader onsite to manage critical projects and provide team coaching and guidance during the interim gap in leadership.
- Implementation of system-wide program recommendations in progress:
- Department reorganization to provide better integration
- Streamline tactical functions to provide more freedom for strategic thinking
- Develop planning process that links market intelligence to the annual planning process
- Establish internal leadership team to help set, maintain or adjust to new marketing priorities, opportunities and synergies
- Develop existing team through continuing education, best practice competitor monitoring and improved standards/processes
Enact new systems for process and workflow management to improve efficiency and prioritization of program development